Which medical personnel provide consultation to patients with tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF)?

Updated: Nov 07, 2018
  • Author: Sat Sharma, MD, FRCPC; Chief Editor: Vinay Kumar Kapoor, MBBS, MS, FRCS, FAMS  more...
  • Print

Patients should be seen by a gastroenterologist/therapeutic endoscopist or pulmonologist for diagnostic workup.

Consultation with a thoracic surgeon is required for definitive surgical repair.

Any patient who is ill must be cared for in the intensive care unit so that the staff can monitor the patient's respiratory system and ensure adequate nutrition.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!