Where should patients be treated for tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF)?

Updated: Nov 07, 2018
  • Author: Sat Sharma, MD, FRCPC; Chief Editor: Vinay Kumar Kapoor, MBBS, MS, FRCS, FAMS  more...
  • Print

Transfer infants and children with tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF) to a pediatric center experienced with surgical repair of TEF. The center should be experienced with providing support of critically ill pediatric patients.

Adults who develop acquired TEF must be transferred to a facility with thoracic surgery/therapeutic endoscopy support and other adequate support services.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!