Who may be consulted for lower GI endoscopy for constipation?

Updated: Mar 30, 2020
  • Author: Marc D Basson, MD, PhD, MBA, FACS; Chief Editor: BS Anand, MD  more...
  • Print

Either a gastroenterologist or a surgeon may be consulted for lower GI endoscopy, depending on local referral patterns and the availability of expertise, or (in adults) to differentiate benign solitary rectal ulcers from rectal malignancy.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!