Which specialist consultation are needed for the treatment of Wilson disease?

Updated: Feb 14, 2019
  • Author: Richard K Gilroy, MBBS, FRACP; Chief Editor: Praveen K Roy, MD, AGAF  more...
  • Print

Consider consultation with gastroenterologists with specialty training in hepatology for any patient with Wilson disease, especially when evidence of hepatic insufficiency is present. Consultation with surgeons may be sought for liver transplantation when deemed necessary.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!