Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with shigellosis?

Updated: Aug 20, 2021
  • Author: Heba Rashid Ashraf, MD; Chief Editor: BS Anand, MD  more...
  • Print

Consult a gastroenterologist or an infectious diseases expert if the Shigella infection is prolonged or if the patient experiences a severe course of shigellosis that is unresponsive to antibiotics.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!