Which specialist consultations are needed for the management of ascites?

Updated: Dec 29, 2017
  • Author: Rahil Shah, MD; Chief Editor: Praveen K Roy, MD, AGAF  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a gastrointestinal specialist and/or hepatologist should be considered for all patients with ascites, particularly if the ascites is refractory to medical treatment.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!