Which medical personnel provide consultation to patients with multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS) in sepsis?

Updated: Jan 27, 2020
  • Author: Ali H Al-Khafaji, MD, MPH, FACP, FCCP, FCCM; Chief Editor: Michael R Pinsky, MD, CM, Dr(HC), FCCP, FAPS, MCCM  more...
  • Print

Seek consultation with an appropriate surgeon for patients with suspected or known infected foci, especially for patients with a suspected abdominal source.

Patients who do not respond to therapy or are in septic shock require admission to an ICU for continuous monitoring and observation. Consultation with a critical care physician or internist with expertise is appropriate.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!