Which medical personnel should be consulted in the management of scorpion envenomation?

Updated: Nov 09, 2018
  • Author: David Cheng, MD; Chief Editor: Joe Alcock, MD, MS  more...
  • Print

Local poison control centers may assist in management of envenomations.

Contact the American Association of Poison Control Centers (800-222-1222) to be connected to a local poison control center.

The University of Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center (520-626-6016 from outside Arizona or 800-362-0101 from Arizona only) has special experience in Centruroides envenomation.

The Antivenom Index, published jointly by the American Association of Poison Control Centers and the American Zoo and Aquarium Association, lists the locations, amounts, and various types of antivenom stores.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!