Which specialist consultations are required for treatment of respiratory failure?

Updated: Apr 07, 2020
  • Author: Ata Murat Kaynar, MD; Chief Editor: Michael R Pinsky, MD, CM, Dr(HC), FCCP, FAPS, MCCM  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a pulmonary specialist and an intensivist are often required. Patients with acute respiratory failure or exacerbations of chronic respiratory failure need to be admitted to the intensive care unit for ventilatory support.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!