Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with pericardial effusion?

Updated: Nov 28, 2018
  • Author: William J Strimel, DO, FACP; Chief Editor: Terrence X O'Brien, MD, MS, FACC  more...
  • Print

A cardiologist should be involved in the care of patients with pericardial effusion. Cardiothoracic surgery may be required for recurrent or complicated cases.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!