Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with transfusion-induced iron overload?

Updated: May 07, 2021
  • Author: Geneva E Guarin, MD, MBA; Chief Editor: Emmanuel C Besa, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultations with the following specialists should be sought in cases of transfusion-induced iron overload:

  • Hematologist
  • Cardiologist
  • Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist
  • Endocrinologist

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!