Which specialist consultations are recommended in the treatment of fixed drug eruptions (FDE)?

Updated: Oct 09, 2020
  • Author: David F Butler, MD; Chief Editor: Dirk M Elston, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a dermatologist is warranted if the diagnosis is in doubt. If patch testing is needed to determine which drug may be involved, a dermatologist with such experience may be required. If Stevens-Johnson syndrome or toxic epidermal necrolysis is suspected, hospitalization and possible referral to the intensive care unit or burn unit may be appropriate.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!