What specialist consultations are indicated in the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia (high triglyceride levels)?

Updated: Jul 23, 2021
  • Author: Mary Ellen T Sweeney, MD; Chief Editor: Romesh Khardori, MD, PhD, FACP  more...
  • Print

A specialist in lipid disorders may be helpful in treating the hyperlipidemia that develops in patients, which can be very severe and difficult to treat, often requiring multiple lipid-lowering agents.

In addition, patients should receive nutrition counseling and should be advised to restrict calories if they are overweight. These individuals also should reduce saturated and trans fats and cholesterol intake.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!