When is a referral to a specialist indicated for the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia (high triglyceride levels)?

Updated: Jul 23, 2021
  • Author: Mary Ellen T Sweeney, MD; Chief Editor: Romesh Khardori, MD, PhD, FACP  more...
  • Print

If the primary care provider cannot control a patient's triglycerides, referral should be made to a lipidologist or endocrinologist with expertise in treating severe and difficult-to-manage lipid disorders.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!