Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with insulin resistance?

Updated: Jul 08, 2020
  • Author: Samuel T Olatunbosun, MD, FACP, FACE; Chief Editor: George T Griffing, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with an endocrinologist is indicated in insulin resistance. Referral to a medical weight management program is usually needed. Consultation with a cardiologist is also usually indicated. Other specialists, such as a dermatologist, gynecologist, cardiothoracic surgeon, and ophthalmologist, may need to be consulted based on the nature of the disease and the prevailing pathology.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!