Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with chemical burns to the eye?

Updated: Oct 08, 2019
  • Author: Mark Ventocilla, OD, FAAO; Chief Editor: Andrew A Dahl, MD, FACS  more...
  • Print

In most instances, patients present to non-ophthalmologists for their immediate care. At a minimum, patients with mild chemical injuries should have follow-up care arranged with an ophthalmologist. Any patient with a moderate-to-serious injury should be immediately evaluated and followed appropriately by an ophthalmologist. Other medical personnel may be needed as determined by the extent of the extraocular injuries sustained.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!