Which specialists should be consulted for the treatment of acquired nystagmus?

Updated: Oct 17, 2018
  • Author: Christopher M Bardorf, MD, MS; Chief Editor: Edsel Ing, MD, MPH, FRCSC  more...
  • Print

Neurologic or neuro-ophthalmic consultation should be considered.

Neurosurgical or oncologic consultation should be sought in cases with a neoplastic etiology.

Otolaryngologic consultation should be considered in cases of benign positional vertigo or other peripheral vestibular disorders.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!