Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with peripheral ulcerative keratitis (PUK)?

Updated: Jun 11, 2019
  • Author: Ellen N Yu-Keh, MD; Chief Editor: Andrew A Dahl, MD, FACS  more...
  • Print

Referral to an appropriate specialist may be necessary. In patients with connective tissue diseases, comanagement with a rheumatologist is necessary to address the systemic disease. Pulmonary, nephrology, cardiac, hematology, and infectious disease consults may be necessary depending on the patient's symptoms and laboratory findings. Regular consultation with an oncologist may be necessary for those patients who are receiving chemotherapy.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!