Which specialist consultations are needed for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis (pink eye)?

Updated: Jan 03, 2019
  • Author: Karen K Yeung, OD, FAAO; Chief Editor: Andrew A Dahl, MD, FACS  more...
  • Print

Consultations with an infectious disease specialist and/or a pediatrician may be indicated in suspected or proven chlamydial or N gonorrhoeae infections.

An experienced ophthalmic pathologist can be an excellent resource in determining the cause of a resistant conjunctivitis by interpreting conjunctival scrapings.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!