Which specialist consultations are beneficial to patients with focal muscular atrophy (FMA)?

Updated: Feb 20, 2018
  • Author: Sridharan Ramaratnam, MD, MBBS; Chief Editor: Helmi L Lutsep, MD  more...
  • Print

When the diagnosis is uncertain, referral to a tertiary care center with expertise in neuromuscular disorders may be appropriate.

Consultation with a physical and occupational therapist may prove useful. Vocational rehabilitation training can be used when appropriate.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!