What referral and education should be provided to patients with alcoholic ketoacidosis (AKA)?

Updated: Aug 27, 2020
  • Author: George Ansstas, MD; Chief Editor: Romesh Khardori, MD, PhD, FACP  more...
  • Print

Refer the patient for treatment of chronic alcohol abuse. For patient education information, see the Mental Health and Behavior Center, as well as Alcoholism and Alcohol Intoxication.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!