Which specialist consultations are required for treating and managing herpes simplex encephalitis (HSE)?

Updated: Jul 17, 2018
  • Author: Wayne E Anderson, DO, FAHS, FAAN; Chief Editor: Niranjan N Singh, MBBS, MD, DM, FAHS, FAANEM  more...
  • Print

HSE is a neurologic emergency. Consultation with a neurologist is required. Neurosurgical consultation is helpful only if a brain biopsy is being considered. An infectious disease consultation may be appropriate.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!