Which specialist consultations are beneficial in the management of Alzheimer disease (AD) in patients with Down syndrome (DS)?

Updated: Nov 13, 2019
  • Author: Norberto Alvarez, MD; Chief Editor: Jasvinder Chawla, MD, MBA  more...
  • Print


Consult a neurologist, a gerontologist, or both for diagnosis, advice, and follow-up care. Consult rehabilitation specialists as well. In advanced stages, consult an ethics specialist regarding decisions for resuscitation or hospice care.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!