Which specialist consultations are needed for the treatment of venous insufficiency?

Updated: Sep 25, 2020
  • Author: Robert Weiss, MD; Chief Editor: William D James, MD  more...
  • Print

Consultation with a phlebologist (a physician or vascular surgeon specializing in venous diseases) often yields new options for patients with chronic and seemingly refractory disease. Venous insufficiency syndromes can be diagnosed and treated by means of a variety of specialized techniques with which a generalist may not be familiar. Guidelines have been established by the American Venous Forum and Society for Vascular Surgery, [23] and these guidelines are discussed in a review of modern management of venous insufficiency and varicose veins. [24]

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!