Which specialist consultations are needed for the management of stasis dermatitis?

Updated: Mar 27, 2020
  • Author: Scott L Flugman, MD; Chief Editor: Dirk M Elston, MD  more...
  • Print

Uncomplicated stasis dermatitis is usually managed in the dermatologist's office. However, a consultation with a vascular surgeon may be required, especially when an underlying surgically correctable vascular abnormality is suspected.

A consultation with a hematologist may be needed when treating a patient with stasis dermatitis due to deep venous thrombosis; cases such as these may be secondary to congenital or acquired hypercoagulable states.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!