Which specialists should be consulted in the treatment of folliculitis?

Updated: Oct 08, 2020
  • Author: Elizabeth K Satter, MD, MPH; Chief Editor: Dirk M Elston, MD  more...
  • Print

The patient's primary care provider can usually diagnose and treat uncomplicated cases of folliculitis, but for those cases that are persistent or result in scarring, a dermatologist should be consulted.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!