Which specialist consultations are helpful in the management of bullous pemphigoid (BP)?

Updated: Oct 14, 2020
  • Author: Lawrence S Chan, MD; Chief Editor: Dirk M Elston, MD  more...
  • Print

Treatment of patients with bullous pemphigoid requires coordination of care between the dermatologist and the patient's primary care provider. Patients with oral disease may require an otolaryngologist and/or a dentist for evaluation and care. An ophthalmologist should evaluate patients with suspected ocular involvement and those requiring prolonged high-dose steroids.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!