Which specialist consultations are beneficial to pediatric patients with tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) toxicity?

Updated: Mar 18, 2020
  • Author: Derrick Lung, MD, MPH; Chief Editor: Stephen L Thornton, MD  more...
  • Print

The regional poison control center or a medical toxicologist should be consulted in all cases of suspected poisoning. A pediatric psychiatrist should be consulted if intentional ingestion is suspected.  Child protective services should be notified if inadequate supervision or Münchhausen syndrome by proxy is suspected.

Did this answer your question?
Additional feedback? (Optional)
Thank you for your feedback!