(ISSN: 0040-6376, 1468-3296)
Table of Contents
2016 - 71 (5)
- Highlights from this issue.
- What's hot that the other lot got.
- Respiratory muscle wasting in the ICU: is it time to protect the diaphragm?
- Study the past to divine the future. Confucius' wisdom doesn't work for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Reporting data on long-term follow-up of critical care trials.
- Prolonged controlled mechanical ventilation in humans triggers myofibrillar contractile dysfunction and myofilament protein loss in the diaphragm.
- Effect of continued treatment with pirfenidone following clinically meaningful declines in forced vital capacity: analysis of data from three phase 3 trials in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- The pulmonary endothelium in acute respiratory distress syndrome: insights and therapeutic opportunities.
- Chimney stove intervention - ready for scale up? PRO.
- Lung function in woodsmoke-exposed Guatemalan children following a chimney stove intervention.
- Chimney stove intervention - ready for scale up? CON.
- Lung clearance index response in patients with CF with class III CFTR mutations.
- One-year outcomes of rosuvastatin versus placebo in sepsis-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome: prospective follow-up of SAILS randomised trial.
- Proactive tobacco treatment offering free nicotine replacement therapy and telephone counselling for socioeconomically disadvantaged smokers: a randomised clinical trial.
- Advancing clinical development pathways for new CFTR modulators in cystic fibrosis.
- Breathlessness in an ex-miner: an unusual consideration.
- Higher cough flow is associated with lower risk of pneumonia in acute stroke.
- Giant air-inflated hydatid cyst of the lung mimicking massive pneumothorax.
- Metastatic pulmonary calcification: 'crazy paving' pattern.
- The presence or severity of pulmonary hypertension does not affect outcomes for single-lung transplantation.