Critical Care Medicine
(ISSN: 0090-3493, 1530-0293)
Articles Available on Medscape
- Greater Protein and Energy Intake May Be Associated With Improved Mortality in Higher Risk Critically Ill Patients
- Can Lung Injury Prediction Score Help Hospitalized Patients at Risk of ARDS?
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sustained Neuromuscular Blockade in the Adult Critically Ill Patient
- Long-term Mental Health Problems After Delirium in the ICU
- Metabolite Profiles in Sepsis
Critical Care Medicine's Latest Table of Contents
- Measuring Moral Distress Among Critical Care Clinicians: Validation and Psychometric Properties of the Italian Moral Distress Scale-Revised.
- The Changes in Pulse Pressure Variation or Stroke Volume Variation After a "Tidal Volume Challenge" Reliably Predict Fluid Responsiveness During Low Tidal Volume Ventilation.
- Higher Fluid Balance Increases the Risk of Death From Sepsis: Results From a Large International Audit.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Central Venous Catheter Confirmation by Bedside Ultrasound Versus Chest Radiography in Critically Ill Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- A Clinician's Guide to Privacy and Communication in the ICU.
- Improving Hospital Survival and Reducing Brain Dysfunction at Seven California Community Hospitals: Implementing PAD Guidelines Via the ABCDEF Bundle in 6,064 Patients.
- Cryopreserved, Xeno-Free Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Reduce Lung Injury Severity and Bacterial Burden in Rodent Escherichia coli-Induced Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
- Sulfonylurea Receptor-1: A Novel Biomarker for Cerebral Edema in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury.
- To SIRS With Love-An Open Letter.
- Patient Eligibility for Randomized Controlled Trials in Critical Care Medicine: An International Two-Center Observational Study.
- Perceived Nonbeneficial Treatment of Patients, Burnout, and Intention to Leave the Job Among ICU Nurses and Junior and Senior Physicians.
- A Randomized Trial of Palliative Care Discussions Linked to an Automated Early Warning System Alert.
- Which Models Can I Use to Predict Adult ICU Length of Stay? A Systematic Review.
- The Open Lung Approach Improves Pulmonary Vascular Mechanics in an Experimental Model of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
- Metrics of Arterial Hyperoxia and Associated Outcomes in Critical Care.
- Effectiveness of Extracorporeal Life Support for Patients With Cardiogenic Shock Due To Intractable Arrhythmic Storm.
- Association Between Noninvasive Ventilation and Mortality Among Older Patients With Pneumonia.
- Agreement of Bioreactance Cardiac Output Monitoring With Thermodilution During Hemorrhagic Shock and Resuscitation in Adult Swine.
- Protective Effect of Inflammasome Activation by Hydrogen Peroxide in a Mouse Model of Septic Shock.
- Experts Consensus Recommendations for the Management of Calcium Channel Blocker Poisoning in Adults.
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Patients Admitted to Intensive Care in Australia and New Zealand: A Multicenter Cohort Analysis of In-Hospital Mortality Over 15 Years.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of the Inferior Vena Cava Collapsibility to Predict Fluid Responsiveness in Spontaneously Breathing Patients With Sepsis and Acute Circulatory Failure.
- Healthcare Resource Use and Costs in Long-Term Survivors of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: A 5-Year Longitudinal Cohort Study.
- Cytokine Release Syndrome After Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cell Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
- Sepsis Pathophysiology, Chronic Critical Illness, and Persistent Inflammation-Immunosuppression and Catabolism Syndrome.
- Human Sepsis Eicosanoid and Proresolving Lipid Mediator Temporal Profiles: Correlations With Survival and Clinical Outcomes.
- Antagonism of the Neurokinin-1 Receptor Improves Survival in a Mouse Model of Sepsis by Decreasing Inflammation and Increasing Early Cardiovascular Function.
- Improving ICU-Based Palliative Care Delivery: A Multicenter, Multidisciplinary Survey of Critical Care Clinician Attitudes and Beliefs.
- Rural Patients With Severe Sepsis or Septic Shock who Bypass Rural Hospitals Have Increased Mortality: An Instrumental Variables Approach.
- Hospital Volume and Outcomes of Noninvasive Ventilation in Patients Hospitalized With an Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.