(ISSN: 1740-1445, 1873-6807)
Body image's Latest Table of Contents
2016 - 18
- Body dysmorphic disorder in different settings: A systematic review and estimated weighted prevalence.
- Applicability of the dual pathway model in normal and overweight binge eaters.
- Bodies in nature: Associations between exposure to nature, connectedness to nature, and body image in U.S. adults.
- Self-perceptions of romantic appeal in adolescents with a cleft lip and/or palate.
- Yoga and positive body image: A test of the Embodiment Model.
- "You're naked, you're vulnerable": Sexual well-being and body image of women with lower limb lymphedema.
- Mediators of the relationship between thin-ideal internalization and body dissatisfaction in the natural environment.
- The hot body issue: Weight and caption tone in celebrity gossip magazines.
- Predicting muscularity-related behavior, emotions, and cognitions in men: The role of psychological need thwarting, drive for muscularity, and mesomorphic internalization.
- Body image in transgender young people: Findings from a qualitative, community based study.
- A systematic review of body dissatisfaction and sociocultural messages related to the body among preschool children.
- The impact of doll style of dress and familiarity on body dissatisfaction in 6- to 8-year-old girls.
- "No fat friend of mine": Young children's responses to overweight and disability.
- Fat talk and its relationship with body image disturbance.
- Predicting body appreciation in young women: An integrated model of positive body image.
- Embodied possibilities and disruptions: The emergence of the Experience of Embodiment construct from qualitative studies with girls and women.
- Do parents or siblings engage in more negative weight-based talk with children and what does it sound like? A mixed-methods study.
- Translation and psychometric evaluation of a Standard Chinese version of the Body Appreciation Scale-2.
- Little girls in a grown up world: Exposure to sexualized media, internalization of sexualization messages, and body image in 6-9 year-old girls.
- Stress exposure and generation: A conjoint longitudinal model of body dysmorphic symptoms, peer acceptance, popularity, and victimization.
- "You better not leave me shaming!": Conditional indirect effect analyses of anti-fat attitudes, body shame, and fat talk as a function of self-compassion in college women.
- Factor structure and psychometric properties of the Body Appreciation Scale-2 in Iran.