(ISSN: 1740-1445, 1873-6807)
Body image's Latest Table of Contents
2016 - 17
- Correlates of appearance and weight satisfaction in a U.S. National Sample: Personality, attachment style, television viewing, self-esteem, and life satisfaction.
- A network analysis of body satisfaction of people with gender dysphoria.
- Associations between Chinese/Asian versus Western mass media influences and body image disturbances of young Chinese women.
- Reducing the negative effects of media exposure on body image: Testing the effectiveness of subvertising and disclaimer labels.
- Perceived impact of body feedback from romantic partners on young adults' body image and sexual well-being.
- A daily diary study of self-compassion, body image, and eating behavior in female college students.
- Psychometric properties of the Sociocultural Attitudes Towards Appearance Questionnaire-4 (SATAQ-4) in French women and men.
- The effect of digital alteration disclaimer labels on social comparison and body image: Instructions and individual differences.
- Strong is the new skinny: A content analysis of fitspiration websites.
- Self-compassion, body image, and disordered eating: A review of the literature.
- Psychometric properties of the Drive for Muscularity Scale in Malay men.
- A systematic review of the impact of the use of social networking sites on body image and disordered eating outcomes.
- Exploring the complexities of body image experiences in middle age and older adult women within an exercise context: The simultaneous existence of negative and positive body images.
- The Body Dysmorphic Disorder Symptom Scale: Development and preliminary validation of a self-report scale of symptom specific dysfunction.
- Perceiving beauty in all women: Psychometric evaluation of the Broad Conceptualization of Beauty Scale.
- Coloration in different areas of facial skin is a cue to health: The role of cheek redness and periorbital luminance in health perception.
- Relationship between self-discrepancy and worries about penis size in men with body dysmorphic disorder.
- Running to win or to be thin? An evaluation of body dissatisfaction and eating disorder symptoms among adult runners.
- The distinct effects of internalizing weight bias: An experimental study.
- Competitiveness as a moderator of the relation between appearance-related factors and disordered eating behaviors.
- Weight Bias Internalization Scale: Psychometric properties using alternative weight status classification approaches.
- "I think gorilla-like back effusions of hair are rather a turn-off": 'Excessive hair' and male body hair (removal) discourse.
- A pilot study investigating whether focusing on body functionality can protect women from the potential negative effects of viewing thin-ideal media images.
- Socialization and selection effects in the association between weight conscious peer groups and thin-ideal internalization: A co-twin control study.