Journal of Hospital Medicine
This journal no longer participates in Medscape Publishers' Circle Program. No new articles will be republished.
Table of Contents
2016 - 11 (5)
- Betting the farm.
- Amylase testing for abdominal pain and suspected acute pancreatitis.
- The current state of pediatric hospital medicine fellowships: A survey of program directors.
- Promoting mobility and reducing length of stay in hospitalized general medicine patients: A quality-improvement project.
- Multifaceted intervention including education, rounding checklist implementation, cost feedback, and financial incentives reduces inpatient laboratory costs.
- Determining preventability of pediatric readmissions using fault tree analysis.
- Depressive symptoms are associated with higher rates of readmission or mortality after medical hospitalization: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Pleural fluid procalcitonin to distinguish infectious from noninfectious etiologies of pleural effusions.
- Experiences of older adults in a group physiotherapy program at a rehabilitation hospital: A qualitative study.
- Weight-based insulin dosing for acute hyperkalemia results in less hypoglycemia.
- Care team identification in the electronic health record: A critical first step for patient-centered communication.
- Culture if spikes? Indications and yield of blood cultures in hospitalized medical patients.
- Aggregate and hospital-level impact of national guidelines on diagnostic resource utilization for children with pneumonia at children's hospitals.
- In reference to "insight into inpatients with poor vision: A high value proposition".
- The authors reply, "insight into inpatients with poor vision: A high value proposition".