This journal no longer participates in Medscape Publishers' Circle Program. No new articles will be republished.
Articles Available on Medscape
- Risks of Cardiovascular Diseases Associated With Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitors and Other Antidiabetic Drugs in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Effectiveness of Screening Strategies to Detect Heart Failure in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, Endothelial Dysfunction and Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Efficacy of Sitagliptin in Patients With Diabetes at High Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Long-term Mortality and Incidence of Cardiovascular Diseases and Type 2 Diabetes in Diabetic and Nondiabetic Obese Patients Undergoing Gastric Banding
Cardiovascular Diabetology's Latest Table of Contents
2016 - 15 (1)
- Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibition with linagliptin prevents western diet-induced vascular abnormalities in female mice.
- Effect of obesity on the effectiveness of cardiac resynchronization to reduce the risk of first and recurrent ventricular tachyarrhythmia events.
- Alterations in heart rate variability during everyday life are linked to insulin resistance. A role of dominating sympathetic over parasympathetic nerve activity?
- Association between omentin-1 expression in human epicardial adipose tissue and coronary atherosclerosis.
- Impact of metabolic syndrome on the progression of coronary calcium and of coronary artery disease assessed by repeated cardiac computed tomography scans.
- Rationale and design of a multicenter randomized study for evaluating vascular function under uric acid control using the xanthine oxidase inhibitor, febuxostat: the PRIZE study.
- Metformin improves the angiogenic functions of endothelial progenitor cells via activating AMPK/eNOS pathway in diabetic mice.
- Efficacy and safety of canagliflozin in combination with insulin: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Beyond type 2 diabetes, obesity and hypertension: an axis including sleep apnea, left ventricular hypertrophy, endothelial dysfunction, and aortic stiffness among Mexican Americans in Starr County, Texas.
- The EMPA-REG outcome study: critical appraisal and potential clinical implications.
- The nine-year changes of the incidence and characteristics of metabolic syndrome in China: longitudinal comparisons of the two cross-sectional surveys in a newly formed urban community.
- Diastolic orthostatic hypertension and cardiovascular prognosis in type 2 diabetes: a prospective cohort study.
- Inflammation, glucose, and vascular cell damage: the role of the pentose phosphate pathway.
- Statin use and cardiovascular risk factors in diabetic patients developing a first myocardial infarction.
- Palaeolithic diet decreases fasting plasma leptin concentrations more than a diabetes diet in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomised cross-over trial.
- Effects of daily glucose fluctuations on the healing response to everolimus-eluting stent implantation as assessed using continuous glucose monitoring and optical coherence tomography.
- Impact of individual metabolic risk components or its clustering on endothelial and smooth muscle cell function in men.
- Major adverse cardiovascular events with basal insulin peglispro versus comparator insulins in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis.
- Impact of teneligliptin on oxidative stress and endothelial function in type 2 diabetes patients with chronic kidney disease: a case-control study.
- Oral treatment with a zinc complex of acetylsalicylic acid prevents diabetic cardiomyopathy in a rat model of type-2 diabetes: activation of the Akt pathway.
- The prevalence of diabetes, hypertension and obesity among immigrants from East Africa and the former Soviet Union: a retrospective comparative 30-year cohort study.
- Achievement of treatment goals for secondary prevention of myocardial infarction or stroke in 29,325 patients with type 2 diabetes: a German/Austrian DPV-multicenter analysis.
- Low birth weight leads to obesity, diabetes and increased leptin levels in adults: the CoLaus study.
- Oscillating glucose induces microRNA-185 and impairs an efficient antioxidant response in human endothelial cells.
- The source of circulating selenoprotein S and its association with type 2 diabetes mellitus and atherosclerosis: a preliminary study.
- The clinical value of metabolic syndrome and risks of cardiometabolic events and mortality in the elderly: the Rotterdam study.
- Severely impaired microvascular reactivity in diabetic patients with an acute coronary syndrome.
- Hepatic insulin resistance both in prediabetic and diabetic patients determines postprandial lipoprotein metabolism: from the CORDIOPREV study.
- Impaired coronary microcirculation in type 2 diabetic patients is associated with elevated circulating regulatory T cells and reduced number of IL-21R(+) T cells.
- Metabolically-inactive glucagon-like peptide-1(9-36)amide confers selective protective actions against post-myocardial infarction remodelling.
- Clinical relevance of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) as a simultaneous evaluation of fatty liver disease and atherosclerosis in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Berberine alleviates the cerebrovascular contractility in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats through modulation of intracellular Ca(2+) handling in smooth muscle cells.
- Nicorandil attenuates carotid intimal hyperplasia after balloon catheter injury in diabetic rats.
- Determinants of growth differentiation factor 15 in patients with stable and acute coronary artery disease. A prospective observational study.
- Cohort profile: the German Diabetes Study (GDS).
- Association between socioeconomic status and metabolic control and diabetes complications: a cross-sectional nationwide study in Chinese adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- The influence of body composition on the N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide level and its prognostic performance in patients with acute coronary syndrome: a cohort study.
- Rationale and design of a randomized trial to test the safety and non-inferiority of canagliflozin in patients with diabetes with chronic heart failure: the CANDLE trial.
- Need for streamlined use of DPP-4 inhibitors in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- A comparison between angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers on end stage renal disease and major adverse cardiovascular events in diabetic patients: a population-based dynamic cohort study in Taiwan.
- Mitochondrial DNA damage and vascular function in patients with diabetes mellitus and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular efficacy of sitagliptin in patients with diabetes at high risk of cardiovascular disease: a 12-month follow-up.
- Flow cytometric analysis of platelets type 2 diabetes mellitus reveals 'angry' platelets.