Medscape Medical News from the
American Diabetes Association (ADA) 75th Scientific Sessions
June 05 - 09, 2015; Boston, Massachusetts
Meeting Highlights at a Glance
- ADA Hyperbaric Oxygen for Diabetic Foot Ulcer: Useless or Useful?
- ADA Program May Match Gastric-Band Benefits, Up Glycemic Control
- ADA Simple Insulin-Delivery Device Helpful in Type 2 Diabetes
- ADA PDE5 Inhibitors Appear to Up Survival in Diabetic Men
- ADA FLAT-SUGAR: Benefit of Reducing Glycemic Variability in Diabetes?
- ADA Liraglutide Maintains Obese Women's Bone Density After Weight Loss
- ADA Intensive Lifestyle Counseling is Cost-effective for Some
- ADA Hope Ahead? Varying Approaches Progress Artificial Pancreas
- ADA GLP-1 Agonist Alters Brain Response to Seeing, Eating Food
- ADA Mild Compression Socks Safe, Effective for Diabetic Limb Edema
- ADA 'Food Insecurity' in Low-Income Latinos Thwarts Diabetes Control
- ADA Lilly Insulin Tops Sanofi's Lantus in Trials; Liver Issue Persists
- ADA Novo Nordisk Type 2 Diabetes Combo Drug Tops Sanofi's Lantus
- ADA Intranasal ‘Puff’ of Glucagon May Safely, Effectively Treat Hypoglycemia
- ADA Four Diabetic Ketoacidosis Episodes Triple Risk of Early Death
- ADA 'Penny-wise, Pound-foolish' Approach May Up Costs in Diabetes
- ADA TECOS: No CVD Risks or Heart Failure With Sitagliptin
- ADA No CV Benefit With Lixisenatide in ELIXA, but Results Reassure
- ADA Diabetic Patients Develop Heart Failure Younger, Die Younger
- ADA Weight Drops, Muscle Mass Stays: 5-Year 'Why WAIT' Success
- ADA Obstructive Sleep Apnea Common in Type 1 Diabetes
- ADA Ranolazine Lowers HbA1c in Diabetic Patients
- ADA Low Vitamin D Levels Common in Painful Diabetic Neuropathy
- ADA Game Beats 'Old-School' Tools to Teach Insulin Prescribing
- ADA No Cancer Signal with Saxagliptin at 2 Years in SAVOR-TIMI 53
- ADA No Mortality Risk With Sulfonylureas, Meta-Analysis Shows
- ADA In Sickness and in Health: Spouses Have Double Diabetes Risk
- ADA ADA Moves to Improve Referrals for Diabetes Self-Management
- ADA ADA: Two Big Trials and Special 75th Anniversary Celebration
Medscape Diabetes & Endocrinology© WebMD, LLC
- A How-To for Home BP Checks
- New Algorithm Guides Referrals for Diabetes Education
- A Real-Life Diabetes Prevention Success Story
- 'No Rocket Science' to Improving Diabetes Care
- Can Brown Fat Play a Role in Weight Loss?
- New Insulins: Are They Worth the High Cost?
- CDC Targets Seniors for Diabetes Prevention
- Gender Differences in the Pathophysiology of Diabetes
- Demystifying the Glycemic Index: Implications for Practice
- To Cut or Not to Cut Saturated Fat Intake?
- Lessons Learned From ADA 2015
- How to Counsel Type 1 Diabetes Patients Who Exercise?
- ACA Medicaid Expansion Ups Diabetes Diagnoses