Medscape Medical News from the
American Diabetes Association (ADA) 74th Scientific Sessions®
June 13 - 17, 2014; San Francisco, California
This coverage is not sanctioned by, nor a part of, the American Diabetes Association.
Meeting Highlights at a Glance
- ADA Improved Glycemic Control in Diabetes Cuts CV Risk: CREDIT
- ADA No Change in Retinopathy in Diabetes 2 Years After Surgery
- ADA Obese Kids Have Many Large Fat Cells, Ups Risk for Diabetes
- ADA Canola Oil, Low-GI Diet May Help Heart Health in Diabetes
- ADA More on HF Hospitalization With Gliptins in Type 2 Diabetes
- ADA TEENs: Most Youth with Type 1 Diabetes Miss Glycemic Goals
- ADA Diabetic Foot: A Cinderella Condition, Needs Team Approach
- ADA Web-Based Tool Prevents Diabetes-Related Driving Mishaps
- ADA Long-term Success With Pancreas Transplant Alone in Diabetes
- ADA Islet-Cell Transplants Successful in Type 1 Diabetes
- ADA LDL-C May Not Be Best Predictor of CVD Risk in Type 1 Diabetes
- ADA Depression Predicts Type 1 Diabetes Death, but Hope Prevails
- ADA First-Ever ADA Guidance Specifically for Type 1 Diabetes
- ADA Lifestyle, Metformin, Can Delay Diabetes, 15-Year DPP Data Show
- ADA 'Bionic Pancreas' Works for 5 Days in Outpatient Settings
- ADA Statins Not Cost-effective for Many Newly Eligible Patients
- ADA Sulfonylureas May Up Fracture Risk in Diabetes, Along With TZDs
- ADA Could Hepatitis B Vaccination Prevent Diabetes?
- ADA Usual BMI Cut Point May Miss Diabetes in Thin Asian Americans
- ADA Girl Power: Islet Transplants from Women Donors Work Better
- ADA Improve Your Diet, Drop Your Diabetes Risk, and Vice Versa
- ADA Is Celiac Screening for Kids With Type 1 Diabetes Adequate?
- ADA ACC/AHA Lipid Guidelines: A Step up in Diabetes Care, or Not?
- ADA Insulin Analogs: Is Benefit Worth Cost in Type 2 Diabetes?
- ADA Cutting-Edge Science Tops ADA Agenda in San Francisco
- Gestational Diabetes: A Worldwide Controversial Topic
- Multifactorial Approach to Prevent CVD in T2DM
- How Safe Are Antidiabetic Drugs?
- Helping Diabetes Patients on 'Worst Day of My Life'
- Control and Monitoring of Type 1 Diabetes With a Mobile App
- What Is an Artificial Pancreas, Really?
- Remote Monitoring Could Be Cost-Effective in Diabetes Care
- Why All the Fuss About Brown Fat?
- Fascinating Discoveries in Type 2 Diabetes
- New Weight-Loss Drugs: When to Prescribe?
- Once-Weekly Dulaglutide Effective for T2DM