Medscape Help: Physicians Online (POL)
You can reach POL Mail Customer Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach us by phone at 1-866-891-8176, Monday - Friday, 9 - 5 PM EST.‹‹ Return to Help
What will Medscape do to protect my inbox from spam?
Medscape takes spam complaints very seriously and is continuously monitoring incoming mail and improving upon the spam filters currently in place. Please keep in mind that some emails you receive might be from websites you have registered with, and these emails won't be considered spam by our spam filters.
We have the following features set up to help manage spam:
- In order to report individual messages as SPAM, or to report valid messages that were incorrectly identified as SPAM and routed to your SPAM folder you should forward these emails to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively.
- There are individual spam filters for each email account that are accessible through the Options and then POL Spam Filters links. Please note that a "Low" setting will filter out MORE messages, while a "High" setting will filter out FEWER messages. In order for you not to filter out important emails we recommend that you set your spam filter to a "Medium" setting.
- We have implemented a white list so emails from addresses that are in your address book will never be marked as SPAM. Please keep in mind that once you enter an address into your address book it could take up to 24 hours before the address is added to the white list.
How often will mail be deleted from my folders?
At least once a day your Trash folder is cleared of any emails and your SPAM folder is cleared of any emails that are older than three days. Your Sent folder is cleared of any emails that are older than 15 days and your Inbox is cleared of any emails older than 30 days.‹‹ Return to Help
I've already completed the migration of my POL account to Medscape. Why don't I see links to POL Mail on my homepage?
You may need to log out and log back in for Medscape to recognize you. From your Medscape homepage, please click "LOG OUT" in the right-hand corner, click "do not remember me" on the next page, close your browser and proceed to www.medscape.com via a new window.‹‹ Return to Help
Why is gaining access to my mailbox so slow?
The speed of your mailbox will depend on a number of factors:
- Number of messages in your inbox. Optimal number is 500 or less. If there are emails you wish to save you can move them to different folders.
- How many message filters have been set. Optimal number is 5 or less.
- Number of messages displayed on a page. Optimal number is 50 or less.
Making these changes should help increase the speed of your mail account.‹‹ Return to Help
Why can't I access POP mail through my PDA?
POP access through your PDA/handheld device is not supported for POL email. Although some users report that they were able to use it successfully via the former POL servers, this access was not formally supported by POL and is not yet supported by WebMD Medscape. We are looking into supporting this in the future and we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.‹‹ Return to Help
Why isn't there a scroll bar on my list of folders?
You'll need to move your folder list to the right side of the page, which can be done by following these steps:
- Go to your POL mail
- Go to "Options"
- Go to "Folder Preference"
- Under the "Folder List Options" select "Location of Folder List" to Right
- Scroll down and click Submit
When I click on the link for POL email the browser appears to go into an endless loop of trying to load two blank pages (or it loads the header but then goes into a loop for the bottom portion of the screen). How do I fix this?
This problem is caused by a conflict between the email system and the "Content Advisor" in Microsoft Internet Explorer. To solve the problem, you need to disable the Content Advisor by following these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to the "Tools" menu in Internet Explorer and select "Internet Options..."
- 3) Select the "Content" Tab
- In the box labeled "Content Advisor", click the "Disable..." button
- Enter the password you used when originally starting up the Content Advisor
- Once you get the message that the Content Advisor has been disabled, click OK and then click OK to close the Internet Options box
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call 1-866-891-8176.‹‹ Return to Help ‹‹ Return to Help
Do I still have access to POL discussion threads?
Yes. POL discussion boards are kept separate from the regular Medscape discussion boards. You can access them from the 'POL Discussions' link on the right hand side of your Medscape home page, above the POL Mail link.‹‹ Return to Help
Can I still post anonymously to POL Discussion Boards?
Yes, anonymous posting is available on the Medscape Discussion boards.‹‹ Return to Help
Is there any way I can keep track of discussions that are interesting to me?
Yes, there is a 'View My Discussions' link at the top right of the main POL Discussions page.‹‹ Return to Help
Other POL Discussion Questions
If you have further questions on POL Discussions, please contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-891-8176, Monday - Friday 9 - 5 PM EST. Note: This number is only for POL Discussions and POL Mail support.‹‹ Return to Help
POL Content and Services
Is "Outlines in Clinical Medicine" available on Medscape?
Unfortunately, Outlines in Clinical Medicine is not licensed for use on Medscape. We understand that many POL members used this frequently, and will keep that in mind as we work to further build our extensive database of original and licensed clinical content and CME. While we can't promise that OCM will find its way to our site, stay tuned this summer for a new content offering on Medscape from the editors of ACP Medicine. This new feature will present treatment tables for every type of drug used across medical specialties, allowing physicians to look up drug options and alternatives for particular conditions, as well as dosing and prescribing information.‹‹ Return to Help
Are Clinical Pharmacology from Gold Standard or the Drug Interaction tools available on Medscape?
Unfortunately, Clinical Pharmacology from Gold Standard is not available on Medscape. We understand that many POL members used the drug interactions tool frequently, and have kept that in mind as we work to improve Medscape's own drug database. We hope to have our own drug interactions tool available before the end of the year. Medscape's drug database, licensed from First Databank, can be accessed in one of two ways. First, you can search for information by entering a search term in the box in the gray search box in the right hand corner of Medscape's home page, click on "Drug Info," and then click "go" or "enter." Or, you can access our drug info directly, by linking to it via the Medscape Drug Info link in the "search tools" box on the bottom section of the LIBRARY page. (The direct link is http://www.medscape.com/druginfo)‹‹ Return to Help
Are the CME programs and other content services that I use on Physicians' Online available on Medscape?
Your free Medscape membership includes full access to hundreds of online CME activities, as well as continued access to your pol.net email account. Medscape publishes clinical content daily across 25+ clinical specialty areas and offers physician-optimized MEDLINE searching as well as a range of other features and services.‹‹ Return to Help
What will happen to POL Marketplace, MD Direct, and POL Practice?
These services will no longer be available on POL or through Medscape after March 13th.‹‹ Return to Help
I was a POL PRACTICE user – How do I get to my email?
As a result of the acquisition of Physicians' Online, the POL Practice site and email associated with it is no longer available. Users were alerted via postings that appeared on the POL Practice site in the month prior to its closing. These postings specifically warned that all messages and data associated with the account would be deleted. Unfortunately, these messages can no longer be retrieved.‹‹ Return to Help
What happened to my Physician Website?
The mydoctor.com websites no longer exist.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call 1-866-891-8176.‹‹ Return to Help