|Medscape offers a selection of free, continuously updated continuing education activities for physicians, registered nurses, pharmacists, and other health professionals. All activities marked "CME" have been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), and have been produced in collaboration with ACCME-accredited CME providers. For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board.
Type of Credit:
Planned for registered physicians: AMA PRA category 1 credit hours [CME credit]
Planned for AAFP: AAFP Prescribed Credits
Planned for nurses: Nursing hours [Nurse CE]
Planned for pharmacists: ACPE CEUs [Pharmacist CE]
All other participants: Letter of Completion (LOC)
Participants should claim only the number of hours actually spent in completing the activity.
Instant CME (iCME[SM]) Certificates: All Medscape CME activities offer instant, printable CME certificates online. The certificate can be printed immediately after the post test and evaluation form have been successfully completed electronically.
Instant CME Tracker: Activities are automatically entered into the CME Tracker after they are completed for credit, and the certificates are available to be printed as needed from this site. You can manually add CME activities you completed from other sources to your CME Tracker.
Canadian Physicians please note:
Medscape's CME activities are eligible to be submitted for either Section 2 or Section 4 (when
creating a personal learning project) in the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada
(RCPSC). For details, go to www.mainport.org
Test: multiple choice, submitted online.
Instructions for Credit:
- Select an online activity available for credit. For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing boards.
- Read the goal, learning objective and faculty disclosures.
- Study the activity online or printed out.
- Read, complete, and submit answers to the post test questions and evaluation questions online. Participants must receive a test score of at least 70%, and respond to all evaluation questions to receive a certificate.
- When finished, click "Submit."
- After submitting the activity evaluation, you may access your online certificate by selecting "View/Print Certificate" on the screen. You may print the certificate, but you cannot alter the certificate. Your credits will be tallied in the CME Tracker.
Contact Medscape with CME Issues: CME@webmd.net